Welcome!

I am Elliott and Robbie's mother. I started this blog as a way to help me deal and hopefully others deal with genetic disorders. My oldest son, Elliott, has recently been diagnosed with Floating Harbor Syndrome, Microchephaly, and potentially other medical conditions that are currently being tested for. My youngest son, Robbie, potentially has Floating Harbor Syndrome. We are awaiting further testing. So I decided that there must be other people out there that have FHS or other genetic disorders. In order to reach those people and to offer safe place to discuss current issues with family, marriage, and/or medical concerns I decided to start this blog. I hope that wh0mever reads this becomes enlightened and educated in the world of genetic disorders. It is a true test of human nature in regards to how they treat, handle, and understand people who are different.

Elliott's 1st grade picture

Elliott's 1st grade picture
"Cheese"

Elliott's birthday

Elliott's birthday
Day 2..slowly but surely I'm getting better!

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love
I love you!

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Definition of Floating Harbor Syndrome

As stated in the Online Mendelian Inheritance in Man (OMIM), Floating Harbor Syndrome is a rare genetic disorder characterized by proportionate short stature, delayed bone age, delayed speech development, and typical facial features. The face is triangular with deep-set eyes, long eyelashes, bulbous nose, wide columella, short philtrum, and thin lips (Lacombe et al., 1995).

No comments:

Post a Comment