Welcome!

I am Elliott and Robbie's mother. I started this blog as a way to help me deal and hopefully others deal with genetic disorders. My oldest son, Elliott, has recently been diagnosed with Floating Harbor Syndrome, Microchephaly, and potentially other medical conditions that are currently being tested for. My youngest son, Robbie, potentially has Floating Harbor Syndrome. We are awaiting further testing. So I decided that there must be other people out there that have FHS or other genetic disorders. In order to reach those people and to offer safe place to discuss current issues with family, marriage, and/or medical concerns I decided to start this blog. I hope that wh0mever reads this becomes enlightened and educated in the world of genetic disorders. It is a true test of human nature in regards to how they treat, handle, and understand people who are different.

Elliott's 1st grade picture

Elliott's 1st grade picture
"Cheese"

Elliott's birthday

Elliott's birthday
Day 2..slowly but surely I'm getting better!

Brotherly Love

Brotherly Love
I love you!

Search This Blog

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Doctors, doctors, and more doctors....

Today was Elliott's echocardiogram and for the most part Elliott did a superb job! He started to cry when the technician put the ultrasound wand at the bottom of his adams apple. I was able to talk him through some breathing exercises and counting games and they seemed to work. The technician seemed very thorough and stayed a long time looking at his left atrium. She even went to get another technician. I did not get a very good feeling about this. His left atrium looked really large and his left looked small. There was red and blue mixed in on both sides. I know from previous tests, that's not a good sign. But I am going to remain positive. The technician told us that the cardiologist will have the results by next Thursday. I pray everything is alright. I don't know what we will do if they aren't. Next Thursday isn't too long to wait, I will try to keep my mind busy. That should be easy to do since Robbie now has strep and I need to get my AVID program binders ready for certification by May 17th. I am hoping to go back to work on Friday, everything depends on how Robbie is progressing. He needs to start eating and drinking again. He actually had a few spoonfuls of babyfood but now won't drink from his bottle. I think it is because his throat hurts. His fever seems to be down right now. Hopefully, it stays down. I will probably need to go into work on Saturday. I hope that John can take care of the kids. I really need to go in. I will keep you informed as I get informed.

No comments:

Post a Comment